History

Maria Montessori Children's School Foundation, Inc. (MMCSFI) began in 1971 as the Maria Montessori Cooperative school (MMCS). It was founded by a group of parents and teachers who sought to establish a school which would remain faithful to the basic tenets of Montessori education. From a borrowed classroom in Forbes Park, the cooperative moved to Vito Cruz St. in June 1971, where it stayed for the next four years.

In 1975, MMCS founded a new home at 50 Williams St. in Pasay City. The largest residence located in a compound approximately 4,000 square meters in size, was converted into a classroom. As the school grew in population and in consonance with the educational program's need for full day classes, structures were added or remodeled to accommodate both the Children's House and the Elementary classes.

The early 80's saw the development of a plan to convert the Cooperative into a Foundation. The plan became a reality in 1989 with the establishment of Maria Montessori Children's School Foundation, Inc. (MMCSFI).

In 2003, MMCSFI moved to Merville Park Subdivision in Paranaque City, former site of the British School. Its convenient location beside the Nomads Sports Club has allowed the school to expand its sports activities to include swimming and soccer.

In pursuit of the goals of Montessori education, MMCSFI looks to Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) for teacher training and classroom requirements. AMI was founded by Dr. Maria Montessori in 1929 to ensure the furtherance of her work in its original integrity and completeness and to guide the development and application of Montessori education in the interests of all children.